Support Worker Starter Pack
Article Date: 16-09-2018
Support Workers live a busy life, one minute they’re here and the next they’re gone! Sometimes it feels like you don’t even have time to gather your own thoughts – which is why we’ve done it for you! Here’s our Support Worker starter pack that we’ve put together to make your days a little less stressful:
- Hand Sanitiser – Cleanliness is super important for Support Workers, especially those working in learning disability and elderly settings. Ensuring that you have a quick method of cleaning your hands between activities is essential for hygiene purposes.
- Keys – Support Workers are required to keep their keys on hand at all times so they can access the drug cabinets or to access the ward.
- Belt – Keys can quickly become a nuisance to a Support
Worker,as if handling your daily tasks weren’t enough – now you have to remember where you put your keys? Fear no more, with a belt you can simply hook them on there and (almost) forget all about them until you need them next.
- Packed Lunch – On the go? Take your lunch with you and eliminate the possibility of being stuck without food!
- ID Badge – This isn’t really optional, all Estio Support Workers must have their identification with them and on show at all times.
- Sensible Workwear – At Estio Healthcare, we pride ourselves on having a fast and reliable service, part of this reliability is ensuring that all Support Workers have a standard idea of workwear so that clients can easily identify an Estio member of staff.
- Timesheets & First Shift Report – All Support Workers must take with them a timesheet on every single shift they complete and a First Shift Report whenever they attend a shift for a new client.