Signs of Online Harrassment
Article Date: 26-09-2018
Online harassment (cyber bullying) follows the same principle of traditional bullying; involving an imbalance of power, aggression and a negative action that is often repeated. Only here, the ‘trolls’ are more powerful as they have the opportunity to become completely anonymous.
Here’s a list of the common forms of online harassment and the signs of them occurring:
- Harassment – The most common form, often indicated by repeated offensive, rude and insulting messages.
- Denigration – This is the distribution of information (text/imaged based) about another person that is derogatory or untrue. Denigration is often acted on by sharing such information via websites, apps, email and instant messaging.
- Impersonation – Breaking into another person’s emails, social media accounts and using their online identity as a means to send out or post vicious or embarrassing content about them or others.
- Outing and Trickery – Sharing another person’s secrets, personal information or tricking someone into revealing secrets with the intent of forwarding such information to others.
- Cyber Stalking – A heightened form of online harassment; repeatedly sending messages that include threats of harm, are highly intimidating, or engaging in online activities that make a person feel afraid for their safety. This is
Here at Estio Healthcare, we have a no tolerance policy